If you are looking for an easy way to add a modern and user friendly player to your website, this is for you. Get your fully customizable radio player and use it on your website.
There are two options in order to serve the microsite under your own domain.
Go to the "Profile" section of your Radiojar station's administration panel to view the available options.
Α. Add a CNAME entry on your domain's DNS records for the microsite subdomain
CNAME records allow an administrator to point multiple systems to one IP without specifically assigning an A record to each host name. If your server IP ever changes, you only have to change one A record’s IP address to update all associated records.
Υou can check more on what a CNAME record stands for Here.
Follow the instructions below in order to update your domain's name servers in order to successfully complete the Radiojar's Microsite proxy process for your domain.
1. Log in to your hosting control panel.
Your domain host is typically where you purchased your domain name (like GoDaddy, Enom, or Name.com).
2.In the domain settings section, look for the DNS settings.
3.Under “CNAME Records” click the plus sign to add a new record.
3. Add the CNAME record to your domain’s DNS records.
You will need to add the CNAME record to your domain’s DNS records that are stored with your domain host. Add a CNAME entry on your domain's DNS records for your microsite subdomain that points to the value "microsite.radiojar.com"
Complete the fields:
- Name: enter the subdomain name the CNAME applies to. For example, if you would like to serve the microsite under "http://radio.mydomain.com", enter “radio”. If you would like to serve the microsite under the root domain "http://mydomain.com", enter “www”. Make sure you follow the requested pattern for choosing a subdomain name.
- Value: enter the host name you would like the CNAME to point to. In this case, microsite.radiojar.com
- TTL: select how long the server should cache the information. See how hosting service's support resources to find out more about propagation time.
4. Click Save.
Save your record. CNAME record changes can take up to 72 hours to take effect.
If you need further assistance, you can contact your domain host for help adding the CNAME record. Here is a note you can use when you call or email them.
Please keep in mind that this solution only works for HTTP requests (not HTTPS).
B. Embed the microsite iframe to your website.
At the "Profile" section of your Radiojar station's administration panel, you will also find the iframe-based microsite for your own radio station. This solution will work for both HTTP and HTTPS requests.
This doesn't need any coding experience. All you have to do is copy & paste the embedded code in your own site. Based on your website's styling, you may want to adjust the height or the width of the iframe code directly at your editor or your HTML code or set the scrolling to "yes" (if you want the widget to be scrollable).