When broadcasting via Radiojar, you have the option to use Radiojar's Virtual studio or your own equipment and software. When your show is about to go on air, a notification will come up on the home page presenting you with the options and configuration info you'll need.
In the cases that you do not have admin rights to the station and are a Show's producer/host, you can have access to the virtual studio 10 minutes before your show begins. Check the top bar for the option that will appear when the time comes, which will redirect you to the virtual studio where you can start preparing for your show.
The Virtual studio is connected to both the DJ's and the radio station's media library. If you didn't have the time to prepare your playlists from the media library, no worries. Start browsing through your library through the virtual studio, move songs to the playlist section and arrange them in order. You are also able to upload more tracks through the studio and fully configure your playlists which are stored and integrated with the media library section of radiojar.com.
The mixing area provides the standard controls you'll find in DJing apps or decks.
Once your show is on air, you can add all the songs you want to play in the playlist area by dragging and dropping them on the area next to the deck. If it fits your needs, you can click on the auto play option (right under the deck) and the tracks that you have selected will be loaded automatically to your deck without any required action from your side. The Auto Play button is an important one: when on, tracks are selected automatically from the currently loaded playlist or based on your last selection and you have no control over the decks. When off, you can drag tracks on the decks freely and mix them as you like.
Virtual Studio will take each song with the order you have set. You can always change the priority of the next tracks, add or delete songs from that list. Otherwise, you can manually change the playing file by interrupting it and setting the one that you want.
The auto feed option will let you add more tracks in the upcoming songs lists in automatic way. You can always turn it on or off according to your need at the time being.
Adjust your microphone using the settings. You can find the mic settings by clicking on the gear icon.
Activate the microphone by clicking the mic icon (right side of the deck).
Let’s take a more detailed look at the controls in each area and what they do:
- The deck info area and the deck controls area: here you can see information about what is currently playing on this deck. Apart from the standard play/pause/stop buttons, there is a waveform of the currently playing song and play next option.
- Microphone settings. By clicking the microphone button the DJ activates their microphone. The level slider below adjusts the microphone level. The settings button allows you to test & fine tune the microphone level and adjust how much the music will be turned down when you use the microphone. The On Air light indicates that your network connection is on and you're broadcasting.
- Master volume control. Here you can control the master output volume. You can use the slider to adjust the output volume of the virtual studio.
- Library area. Here you can see your media libraries (station and personal). There are many controls to help you filter tracks and even upload new ones. You can also load playlist previously created in the media library of radiojar.com.
- The playlist area. Here you can see the currently selected playlist. You can drag tracks in here from the library, or drag to rearrange them. The controls to the right allow you to control the current playlist. Search area: allows you to search in your music library for music tracks.
- Chat control panel. This allows you to see what listeners are chatting about and interact with them publicly.